Posted by: MAK67 | 2009-01-26

Pregnancy confirmed late

I am a 41 year old who just learned that she is 27weeks pregnant last week. After the shock and alarm as I was not expecting this child I am now starting to have lots of questions. In December I had shingles and was given antibiotics. What harm could have passed to my child? Other than that I was involved in an accident not hurt at all anywhere on the body by the shaken feeling I had afterwards.
I am going to see the gynae tomorrow for the first after diagnosis.

Do I need to do the test for down' s syndrome as well?

Many antibiotics are safe in pregnancy. It depends which ones you were given.
Unfortunately it is too late to do anything if the baby has Down syndrome, but you should have a scan.

Posted by: andy | 2009-01-26

Hi MAK47
Firstly congrats, I can' t comment on your question but just like to know how did you not notice for 27wks. Don' t get me wrong pls, but I' m really just curious.

Reply to andy
Posted by: Wonder | 2009-01-26

What kind of shingles

Reply to Wonder