Posted by: Debbie | 2009-07-28

pregnancy complications

Hi doc.

my sister is around 5 weeks pregnant, but the gynae is unable to pick up a heart beat or see anything within the sac. she had a few blood tests done and we have confirmed that she is pregnant. she was at the gynae 2 weeks ago and he said that she was 5 weeks prenant. she went back yesterday and was told again that she is 5 weeks pregnant, but is unable to see anything withing the sac in the womb.
what are your thoughts on this?

concerned sister

See reply to your other post.

Posted by: Pam | 2009-07-30

Hi the exact same thing happened to me, I even had blood test that came out positive. Went to second gynae visit still no heartbeat. I unfortunately had to have a D &  C. I know it is a very difficult time for your sister right now, so she is really gonna need family now.

Reply to Pam
Posted by: xox | 2009-07-29

sounds like a blighted ovum. If no h/b is seen and you say she is already 7 weeks, i dont think this is good news.

Reply to xox