Question
Posted by: Daleen | 2011/05/13

Pregnancy Blood tests

I have recently discovered that i am pregnant with my 3rd child. With my previous pregnancies, we spent a fortune on all the blood tests, and i would like to know which tests are an absolute must have, and which we can ask not to be tested.

My chart will still contain my blood type, Rhesus factor etc. I really do not see the need to have ALL the tsts done again, third time round.

Many thanks.

You do not need the blood group repeated, but should have a check for antibodies as this can chnage. Other tests include haemoglobin and infection tests. You can discuss these with your doctor.

1