Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2012/10/19

Pregnancy blood test score

Good day! I did a bloodtest to test for preganancy 3 days before I was suppose to menstruate. The test came back negative with a result of 3. I waited 4 days and after I did not menstruate I went back for another bloodtest and the result came back with a level of 22. Is there a chance that ths pregnanacy will not last or does this happen sometimes? I am sorry but I had a stillbirth during labor at 40 weeks and I am stll very emotional and scared. Is the result to low or is it fine to say that I am pregnant? I read the level must rise every 48 hours so is it fine that it went from 3 - 22 in 6 days? Please advise, much appreciated!

Your first test was too early and even the second test was quite early. You should check again in a week.

2

Posted by: Nini | 2012/10/19

I am so terribly sorry for your loss!

I am not sure of exactly what the count should be at what point. but I do know that it is important for the count to keep increasing with each day - I believe it''s suppose to double as the days pass.

The best advice I can give is to go have another test done in a day or 2, and see if the HCG levels are growing. If they are growing then that means there is a pregnancy. If not, then you know.

Reply to Nini