Question
Posted by: Nichole | 2012/03/07

Pregnancy at age 41

My question as Im 41. How can I prepare my body for pregancy at this age.

I have 2 kids and have had a laparoscopy 3 years back and all has been normal. I have not been on contreceptive for the past 3 years.

Thanx

Dear Nichole

It would be important to evaluate your partner through a sperm analysis and should all be normal with the analysis I would recommend that you consider ovulation induction and insemination as your first line of treatment. Should 3 intrauterine inseminations fail then I recommend that you move on to in-vitro fertilization as you may have age related egg problems or implantation problems and these should be dealt with as soon as possible.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/03/20

Dear Nichole

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Joggie | 2012/03/12

I am turning 31 years, and would like to fall pregnant. I have ovarian cysts and the last time I saw my gynae he told me that they were 5 cm big, and that the only way I could get rid of them was through pregnancy. I have been trying for almost a year now and nothing has happened. I also go through painful menstrual periods. Please help.

Reply to Joggie
Posted by: Nic | 2012/03/08

Start taking folic acid and cut out caffine / alcohol / cigerettes and drugs (not sure if any apply). I''m sure the doc will have other suggestions as well, but those are the basics for sure. Good luck!

Reply to Nic