Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/08/05

Pregnancy at 38

What steps can i take to improve my chances of falling pregnant at 38? I should probably not be worried as yet, but I had a baby last year December. I only got married last year and i fell pregnant very easily. Because of my age, i went of contraception end of April. I thought i would have been pregnant by now but unfortunately not. I am just wondering what i should be doing from my side to speed up things

Dear Mandy

It is as yet too early to be concerned about a fertility problem and the fact that you conceived previously fairly easily would all go well for the next pregnancy. However if you still breast-feeding or if your breasts are still secretory then this could impact on the quality of ovulation and you may need to discuss this with your family practitioner so as to completely dry up the breasts.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim