Question
Posted by: Carien | 2012/08/05

pregnancy asap

I need some advice as I am so confused! I went to FS to try getting pregnant. We have been trying for a year. Sperm count perfect. I had trouble to fall pregnant with my first baby but I did fall regnant naturally.

I went to the FS as my Periods are irregular. He did some bloodwork and told me that I am insulin resistant.he put me on Glucophage and postoval to try correct my cycle length. Was on it for 6months.then he told me to stop with postoval and drink half an fertomid pill on day 4 to 8. Went for an progesterone level test on day 21 but came back neg.my period didn''''t come and was 16 days late. Did hpt and was neg. It eventulay came and I phoned the FS to tell him that my blood sugar first thing in the morning is only 1.9 and I wasn''''t feeling we''''ll. He told me that I should stop with glucophage,so I did. For the second month in a row I did not Ovulate. I am so frustrated I don''''t know what to do.

The FS didn''''t even once do an second bloodwork to see what my insulin is doing now.

Please help. Any advice?

Carien

If you did not ovulate on the Fertomid, the next step would be to increase the dose. If this does not get you to ovulate after 2-3 months, then you would have to consider other treatments such as Pergonal which is an injection.

4
Posted by: Annie | 2012/08/08

You are welcome to join the infertility forum....

Reply to Annie

Posted by: PS | 2012/08/06

I feel your frustration. Just a suggestion - go and see a reputable homeopath. I had a problem with menstruation, and drs just said wait it out - my homeopath gave me something that worked within days.

Reply to PS
Posted by: Virgo | 2012/08/06

Trust me i was in the same boat, meds, FS, Frustrtaion, lots of Money etc...it took me an entire yr from the Day i i found out that i needed to see a FS. I eventually just forgot about the whole pregnancy thing and took my mind off it. From the day i took my mind off to the day i found out i was preg was exactly 1 month. It all boils down to Anxiousness and Thinking about it all the time. Relax and take your mind off it, it will soon happnen. All the best!! I am prg with my 3rd child now.

Reply to Virgo