Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2010/04/13

Pregnancy: Are my vitamins safe?

Morning,

I use Solgar''s Omega 3,6,9, their Zinc Picolinate, their Formula V 2000 and Folic acid. I read on the container however that I should first consult with my healthcare practisioner before use. I''m only seeing him at the end of this month however and am now concerned that I may be putting my 6 week baby at risk. Do you have any idea if this product and combination is safe?

The Omegas, zinc and folic acid are okay. I don't know what the Formula V2000 contains

3
Posted by: Janice | 2010/04/19

Formula 200 is not a vitamin! It''s for weight loss as I''m sure you know and is also know as ''herbal amphetamine''. There is no way that something that gives you heart palpitations, dry mouth and is a central nervous system depressant is good for your baby. You should know better! It''s a small price to pay.

Reply to Janice

Posted by: Doc | 2010/04/13

Multivitamins are safe in pregnancy, but can be toxic in high doses. There are a few good quality multivits specifically for pregnancy on the market. There is also one combining omega acids and vitamins for pegnancy. I recommedn you try them instead of the ones you are currently using.

Reply to Doc