Question
Posted by: H | 2008/08/15

Pregnancy and yoga

I would like to know if it is safe for me to do hatha yoga - I am in the early stages of prgnancy and I would like to strengthen my pelvic area.

Expert ImageYoga

yes it is, but be sure to inform your teacher that you are pregnant and that you are in the early stages. your teacher will advise which poses to avoid. its best to go to a designated pregnancy yoga class so you have the right attention and classes are prepared to strengthen all the areas you will need strengthened, and to work safely with your body and baby.