Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2010/01/10

Pregnancy and Under active thyriod

After I gave birth to my daughter, now 2, I was diagnosed with post partum thyrioditus. My thryroid then burned out, so now I am on eltroxin.

I just took a pregnancy test and it was positive.
I worked out that I am 5 weeks pregnant.

Can I carry on with the eltroxin? Is this a high risk pregnancy?
I only have an opointment with my doctor in two weeks time, should I go earlier?

Thank you!
Jennifer

You should continue with Eltroxin and it is fine to see your doctor in 2 weeks. It is a higher risk pregnancy than normal in that you will need monitoring of the thyroid function but, if this remains normal, it shoul not be a problem.

1