Posted by: John X | 2009-04-29

Pregnancy and sex

Since the day we found that we were pregnant things ‘ intimacy + sex’  have been going downhill –  just before pregnancy it was sex on demand from my wife’ s side-and it was mainly around times when she was ovulating. I have been told that things will normalise after about 12 weeks –  we are now in our 15th week and there’  no light at the end of the tunnel-I mean not even an intimate kiss-every time I talk about it-it always end up in her saying ‘ you are selfish and don’ t understand what I’ m going through’ -My biggest fear is that we are drifting apart and in my opinion that will not even be good for the baby when he/she arrives. How can I ensure that we remain close and intimate without putting any unnecessary pressure on ourselves? Also, should I just brace myself for no intimacy until she comes around (maybe 6 months after birth-that’ s what she says). I certainly don’ t want to go somewhere else (affair) to find this missing element of my relationship.

Your wife is going through a huge life change and it is quite common to lose sex drive during the pregnancy. Your best bet to remain close is to be understanding of her in this time.

you shouldn' t even be thinking of an affair. If you' re so deprived then use your hand. Another women should be the last thing on your mind. your wife is going through a huge life/body changing experiance so that she can give you a child.