Posted by: Ruby | 2009-01-06

Pregnancy and Pseudohypoparathyroidism?

Hello Dr,
I was wondering if you can help me with some info. I am 10 weeks 4 days pregnant and have 3 underlaying conditions. 1) Pseudohypoparathyroidism 2) Connective Tissue disorder - one of my doctors say its Marfans, the other one says its definately not Marfans, but definately a connective tissue disorder 3) Mitral Valve Prolapse. I was just wondering if you could give me info on the implication of this on my baby? My cardiologist said that MVP should not play a role since my valve is not leaking (just a click), my endocrinologist said that the thyroid problem could cause me to have low calcium and miscarry in the 1st 12 weeks but that he will do his best to make sure it does not happen. I have no idea of what the implication of the connective tissue disorder would be. My question is not so much about my pregnancy, but which of these could be inherited by the baby? Is there risk factors for my baby because of this? Thanks very much doctor! Kind Regards Ruby

Dear Ruby

As this is not a fertility related question, I would suggest that you post this question to the Gynae Doc on Health 24 website.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo