Posted by: Blue | 2010-11-27

pregnancy and periods

after how many days from the last day of my menstrual period will I be able to concieve?

Usually 14 days if you have a 28 day cycle.

Posted by: Titi | 2010-11-30

the 14 days is not a myth, its just an average caluculation assuming your cycle is 28 days. The most important thing is to learn about your cervical fluids, how it changes through out the cycle, you''ll be able to know when you are near ovulation, because even if your cycles are regular your evaluation day might not be the 14th or 16th day as it differs, for instance my cycle is 28 days but I ovulate on the 19th day of my cycle. So read about the cervical fluid/mucus and see how it changes over your cycle.

All the best

Reply to Titi
Posted by: Zama | 2010-11-29

It''s actually give or take 14 days counting back from the beginning of your cycle. So if you have a 30 days cycle you will most likely ovulate around cycle day 16 (but of course you would start trying a few days before then and continue a few days after). Therefore first establish the length of your cycle and then subtract 14 from that.

The 14 days from the start of period is a myth and it presupposes that all women have 28 day cycles. Which is not always the case.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: hi | 2010-11-27

normally 14 days from the day you start your periods that your most fertile time.what i know from doing research on the internet is that you ovulate around that time

Reply to hi