Question
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2012/04/25

Pregnancy and period

I would like to know if it is at all possible to have a menstrual period if you are pregnant. I know one can bleed a little (or a lot).

Bleeding in pregnancy is not called a menstrual period and it should be assessed carefully to look for a cause.

4

Posted by: SB | 2012/04/26

Thanks Annie... I just cant take anymore disappointment, been ttc for so long and each time I get hopeful all it takes is seeing only one line on the test to send me crashing down to reality. I did 2 test this time after being 10 days late.. eventually my " period"  came after 21 days late and I am ALWAYS 26-30 Days cycle.

Reply to SB
Posted by: Annie | 2012/04/26

As I understand it bleeding during pregnancy should be less than normal menstrual bleeding.

My mom was a nurse (so she should know something) and she swears by it that she had her menstruation in the first month of pregnancy all 4 times.????

But, I am pregnant - if I see any bleeding I''ll call my gyne immediately.

And if your bleeding is less and you are wondering if you are pregnant - why not take a home pregnancy test?

Reply to Annie
Posted by: SB | 2012/04/26

Hi Elizabeth
I also would like to know. I have been told by some people that they know of people who did have periods for their first 3 months of their pregnancy.
I thought I was pregnant and then had spotting on day 1, bleeding on day 2 and 3 and then spotting on day 4... so I dont know if this is a period or if I am pregnant??

Reply to SB