Question
Posted by: Wannabemom | 2010/12/12

Pregnancy and PCOS

Hello Everyone.

I am 31 and my husband 35. We don''t have children ( I misscarried 5 years ago) and we are thinking of trying again next year. I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance and I am extremely concerned that we won''t be able to have children. I am very overweight and I am loosing weight. Lost 18 so far and lots more to go. I was told, loosing 10% of your body weight will decrease the effect of PCOS on the body. Is this true? I have allready lost more than 10% of my total body weight.

What should I be aware of and what should I do in preparing for pregnancy. Is pregnancy even possible.

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me please and I thank you for your time.

Regards,

You are right that losing weight helps with falling pregnant. What you need to now establish is whether or not you are ovulating. If you are, the chances are good.

2
Posted by: Wannabemom | 2010/12/14

Ok, thanx, but....what about my second question??

Reply to Wannabemom