Question
Posted by: Mom2B | 2010/05/13

Pregnancy and Nutrition

Please can you help me, I have tried searching through the archives but can''t seem to find anything on my specific concern.
I am entering my second trimester with my second pregnancy. So far everything has gone well with the normal nausea, fatgue etc. My concern is that I am ballooning and gaining far too much weight which is concerning me as I am watching what I eat from a healthy point of view and I am eating less than ever before because I am battling with heartburn and nausea. I have in my first 12 weeks of pregnancy gained 7 kgs and my tummy is bloated I can also feel I am carrying the weight in my arms and breasts.
I read in my ''what to expect when you expecting book'' that counting calories and maintaining weight is not an option and extremely dangerous. My problem is that I was 6 kgs overweight to start with (I have always been on the round side and I picked up a bit of weight on clomid) so now with the added 7 kgs I am feeling extremely uncomfortable and large. Is it really not safe for me to watch what I eat and try and maintain my weight so that I do not gain excessively in the next too trimesters. I am health conscious so I do believe the foods I eat are of nutritional value, I would not let myself go hungry and I am taking all my vitamins. How safe is it to try and not gain weight in the second trimester?

There are healty diets you can follow while pregnant. DietDoc will be able to help you.

1