Question
Posted by: Jenna wayde | 2008/06/10

Pregnancy and eltroxin

I started with eltroxin (100mg) last month, 1 May. I am a week late with my period and did a home pregnancy test last night. It was positive and I should be 3 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to continue with Eltroxin? I had difficulty (pre-eclamsia) with 2 previous pregnancies. My son is 8 and was born at 26 weeks weighing a massive 1005grams. I lost my daughter 4 years ago also at about 26 weeks - as she only weighed 757grams. My gynae said last year that I should take half disprin and folic acid daily when I fall pregnant again. He also mentioned a calcium supplement daily. What is safe and good during pregnancy? Should I stop Eltroxin?

Continue eltroxin but you do need to see your gynae to decide on what you need to be on as soon as possible.