Question
Posted by: Elainee | 2012/09/07

PREGNANCY AND DIET

I can''t seem to take anything down because of morning sickness, i go the whole day without food and feel much better. I take folic Acids. Would the baby be affected somehow by not eating and are folic acids enough for baby''s nutrition

Dear Elainee
Please contact the medical doctor who is overseeing your pregnancy immediately to help you with this so-called morning sickness. You cannot eat nothing for long periods of time as this can cause irreparable harm to your baby and yourself. A baby growing inside the mother requires a steady supply of nutrients such as protein, energy, vitamins and minerals to develop normally. Severe vomiting and nausea of pregnancy can in some cases lead to miscarriages and maternal fatalities. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and do a Search with 'Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy' to read the articles I have written on this subject. Women who suffer from such severe nausea and vomiting during pregnancy may need to be hospitalised and put on a drip to provide balanced nutrition until the condition improves.
Go for help as soon as possible for the sake of your baby and yours own health.
Holding thumbs for you two.

1

Dear Elainee
Holding thumbs for you two.