Question
Posted by: A mom | 2011/02/11

Pregnancy and brushing teeth

I am 20 weeks pregnant, and had very severe morning sickness, which thankfully is not over. However, when I brush my teeth (the back inner side), I end up vomiting. What causes this? What can I do to prevent it? How long will it go on for?

Thanks.

I can't tell how long it will go on for. It is probably an extension of the 'morning sickness'.

5
Posted by: pomp | 2011/02/14

I am not pregnatnt but i almost vomit everyday when brushing the back of the toungue. I have to be very careful because of that. What is wrong with me. My son also vomit from seeing or smelling. From the smell of cooking oil to crashed coackroach

Reply to pomp

Posted by: Purple | 2011/02/11

I had this too - with both my pregnancies.

I found it made no difference whether I ate before or after brushing my teeth.

I spoke to my gynae about it and he said I should just wait for it to pass.
By twenty weeks I had stopped vomiting completely.
Thankfully my severe nausea and vomiting had stopped by week 14 (I was vomiting up to 8 times a day and was eventually put on prescription meds to avoid dehydration) - in my favour though was that I was managing to hold down small sips of water.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Shereen | 2011/02/11

Happened to me too.

Reply to Shereen
Posted by: dj | 2011/02/11

I am currently 34-35wks and that happens to me almost every morning....
dont know ats the course.

Reply to dj