Question
Posted by: ZAP | 2010/05/13

Pregnancy and bipolar

My wife &  I were overjoyed yesterday when her psychiatrist expressed her satisfaction regarding my wife progress after a severe relapse in 2008 and the fact that she was willing to wean my wife off her meds so that we could work on extending our family.

We are however concerned about how long it takes for the meds to work out of her system sufficiently enough not to cause the baby harm. We have heard that it takes 3 months but her psychiatrist suggests 6 weeks. What is the correct timeframe?

For the record, my wife is on Camcolit, serequill &  wellbutrin.

Thanks,

Hallo ZAP
It probably takes 6 weeks but 3 months would be better if possible. Wellbutrin seems to be fairly safe to use in pregnancy.
www.mayoclinic.com/health/antidepressants/DN00007Dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/13

Hallo ZAP

Reply to cyberdoc