Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2009/04/14

Pregnancy and Atterax?

Good Morning Dr.

I have been experiencing a bad urtikaria for about 6 months now, been through all kinds of allergy tests and we still haven' t found the root of the problem. Now I am on atterax 25mg per day and It seems that I might have to stay on them permanently.

Now my husband and I would like to start a family, is it at all possible while using the atterax? is it moderately safe?
what do I do? There is no way I can go off of the atterax?

Dear concerned
Aterax should preferably not be used in pregnancy (or most other antihistamines) Chlor-Trimeton may be safer to use. Maybe you should try it before trying to fall pregnant?