Question
Posted by: roline | 2011/03/22

pregnancy and alcohol

I suspect that I am pregnant - not planned. I did consume alcohol over the weekend....will this do any harm to the fetus??

It depends how much. 2-3 glasses shouldn't cause a problem.

4

Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/22

sorry, its not called the amniotic sac, its more sort of like a yolk sac thingie that baby feeds from. You''ll see it at your first scan.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: PUrple | 2011/03/22

The general rule of thumb is that if you did happen to have a bit before you found out (usually around 5 weeks) that its OK as at that point in development the baby is still getting nutrition from the amniotic sac rather than the placenta (which alcohol crosses).

From now on though, not a drop.

Reply to PUrple
Posted by: me | 2011/03/22

I doubt it but now that you know you can avoid alcohol until after baby is born :-)

Reply to me