Posted by: Garfield | 2008-12-02

Pregnancy &  The Contraceptive Pill

I have been on the pill (many different brands, at the moment I' m on Yasmin) for 13 years - I' m now 28 years. My husband and I would like to start trying for a baby in a couple of months time. I am concerned that because I have been on the pill for 13 years that I may struggle to fall pregnant, if at all. Is this true, considering that I am very healthy, active, non drinker &  non smoker? And how long before we start trying to conceive should I go off the pill?

The Pill is out of your system within 3 months and your chances of pregnancy are then the same as if you had never been on the Pill. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive, so it is difficult to tell you when to stop the Pill.