Posted by: M | 2009-05-13

Pregnancy &  Sterelization

Is there a way to get pregnant after I had a tubal sterelization? Will an artificial insemination be sucsessful and is it possible

You could have a reversal of sterilisation. The success rate is 5-30% depending on the type of sterilisation done.

I' ve read on the internet that they can inject the sperm directly in the uterus.... is this possible, and does this mean you wont need the tubes

hi doc,

i had a tubular ligation 2yrs ago.
recently started experiencing pains similar to that of contractions. I have gained alot of weight and have been having morning sickness feelings.

Its just the strangest thing ever because i am have my period.

Kindly advise.

Sincerely appreciate it!!!

Posted by: Dee | 2009-05-13

AI will not work as you need open fallopian tubes for that. You next option is IVF.

Reply to Dee