Posted by: Ruby | 2008-12-10

Pregnancy &  sore throat?

Hello Dr Bets,
Thanks for your advice :-) A blood test confirmed that I am pregnant. I will be going for my first scan on Saturday :-). Just wanted to ask something. I have a sore throat, runny nose and just feel under the weather a bit. What is the best to do? Just leave it? Before I was pregnant ichinaforce helped alot for things like this, but I am not sure if it is safe to take during pregnancy? Is the best thing to do just nothing? When does it become important to get it treated? (I am 6 weeks) Thanks Dr Bets! Kind Regards, R

HI Ruby
Congratulations - this is wonderful news. Try to take as little medicine as possible in the first 3 months - use only panado, gargle with salt water or use Andolex spray in the throat, endure the runny nose...If you are feverish or the runny nose develops into a sinusitis you may need to see your doctor for antibiotics.