Question
Posted by: Genn | 2010-08-16

Pregnancy &  medical aid

i joined my medical aid scheme as of 1 August 2010 i did a home preg test over the weekend and its positive not sure though how far pregnant i am will my medical aid still cover for my confinement?

All medical aids have different rules You would have to check with them.

5
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-19

Posted by: GENN | 2010-08-17

I phoned my medical aid this morning and they told me that i will be covered. Bonitas medical aid. im so relieved Thank God

Reply to GENN
Posted by: Purple | 2010-08-17

Most medical aids exclude cover for pregnancy if you fall pregnant in the first year.

If they don''t cover you, then try and find a good midwife. You will still have two or three appointments with a gynae for necessary scans and so on, but the mid wife will see you every month at a far cheaper rate, and you are more likely to have a natural birth (which you can do in a hospital) and her fees will be a lot cheaper.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: w | 2010-08-16

Please tell us with what scheme you are &  please give me some feed back as i also just joined &  i was wondering about the same thing

Reply to w
Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-16

Phone them and find out. Medical aids operate differently