Question
Posted by: Elizabeth Hoffman | 2011/05/29

Pregnancy &  chronic medication

Hi, I''m planning on getting pregnant but take a whole lot of medications. I''ve been trying to find information on whether or not Deselex is safe but so far I haven''t found anything conclusive. I also use fluoxetine and wellbutrin- I''ve read some studies saying they''re relatively safe, but I''m still skeptical. I can''t go off medication all together, what do you suggest?

Fluoxetine is fine. I don't think Wellbutrin is.
Deselex is one of the drugs where there are no human studies but it has caused problems in animals. You should not change your medication on your own, but rather discuss with your doctor what alternatives you can use.

1