Question
Posted by: ZAP | 2010/05/13

Pregnancy &  bipolar

My wife &  I were overjoyed yesterday when her psychiatrist expressed her satisfaction regarding my wife progress after a severe relapse in 2008 and the fact that she was willing to wean my wife off her meds so that we could work on extending our family.

We are however concerned about how long it takes for the meds to work out of her system sufficiently enough not to cause the baby harm. We have heard that it takes 3 months but her psychiatrist suggests 6 weeks. What is the correct timeframe?

For the record, my wife is on Camcolit, serequill &  wellbutrin.

Thanks,

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Zap,

In my opinion 6 weeks should be enough.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/05/14

Hi Zap,

In my opinion 6 weeks should be enough.

Reply to pharmacist