Question
Posted by: anon | 2011/10/08

pregnancy &  age

H doc

i just turned 30 a month ago, i had my first son @ 26 and my baby last sept, i would like to know upto what age is it safe for woman to have children, as i still wouldlike to try for a girl.

Under tyhe age of 35, there should not be a problem.

4
Posted by: Shannie | 2011/10/12

I''m 37 and pregnant with my second baby my first child was born at the age of 35 and she is a healthy and very clever little girl.

Reply to Shannie

My colleague had a perfectly healthy baby girl and she was 42 years old. Besides her little girl being healthy she also seems to be extremely intelligent.

Posted by: Leah | 2011/10/11

You''re still so young! I am 38 and still hoping to have more kids (I just have one). I am encouraged when I think of the likes of Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, J-Lo, Marcia Cross etc who all had their first kids in their 40s - three of them in fact had twins. Perfectly healthy and beautiful babies all. My cousin also had her two kids aged 37 and 40. Perfectly healthy problem-free pregnancies and healthy kids.

It''s not advisable though to wait that long, because of the risk of chromosomal abnormalities and because the body copes best with childbirth before the age of 35. So in your case, rest assured you are still WELL clear to have kids without any complications. Yes your body was at its strongest in its 20s but you are still very capable of safely carrying a child. Try to have it in the next five years though, and remember it might be another boy! Be sure you can deal with that possibility before you go and have another child.

Reply to Leah