Question
Posted by: LIZ | 2008/08/29

PREGNANCY AFTER STERILISATION

Hi, i was sterilised/ has my tubes cut a few years ago as i didnt want any more kids. i' m getting married to an awesome guy who would like to have at least one baby. I still have all my bits and pieces, nothings been removed, just my tubes cut. would it be possible with artificial insemenation? How does that work? Can you explain the process to me? How long can it take if everything work as it should?

If your tubes were cut, the success rate with reversal is very low. You could have IVF where your eggs are removed via a procedure under local anaesthetic, your partner's sperm are mixed with it, and then the fertilsed eggs are put back into your uterus. Pregnancy rates are about 30% per cycle.