Question
Posted by: Sharkie | 2011-11-22

pregnancy after miscarriage at 19weeks

Good day. I was 19weeks pregnant when my water broke and I went into labour. I would like to know what could have caused this as my doctor could not really give me an answer, only that it could''ve been an underlying infection (which I think was not the case since I saw him 10 days prior to this happening and also had no symptoms of an infection). This happened 3 weeks ago, and I would like to know if I should wait before trying to fall pregnant again? This was my 2nd pregnancy, the 1st ended earlier this year at 10weeks pregnancy. I also want to mention that when I went into theatre afterwards as my placenta was stuck, doctor said that there''s a little " button"  / small " gewassie"  but not cancerous, at the back of my womb. He wants to have another look at it in 3 weeks time, but I want to know if this is common and any cause for concern? Dr seemed to think this was not the reason my water broke as it is small. Is it common for this to be removed in theatre? I am 30 years old and really want a healthy pregnancy and baby this time. Would really appreciate your answers. Thank you doc.

One possible reason for youir miscarriage is cervical incompetence. Infection is also a possibility. In your next pregnanyc, you should have a cervical length measurement and vaginal swab. It is advisable to wait at least three months before falling pregnant again. The mass is most likely a small fibroid which would have no significance.

3
Posted by: Sharkie | 2011-11-29

Thank you for the responses! Vis, I am based in KZN.

Reply to Sharkie
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-11-28

Posted by: Vis | 2011-11-22

If you dont mind me prying Sharkie, where are you based before i can refer you to my specialist

Reply to Vis