Question
Posted by: SandySandles | 2009/08/18

Pregnancy after Mirena

Helo. I had the Mirena removed after 2 and a half years. I have 2 children and have decided to ttc for nr3. i had it removed on 20 July 09 and had 2 days of light bleeding. no real period yet. i used to have regular 28day cycles. i would like to know when i can do a pregnancy test and if my cycles would be normal length in future now if i' m not pregnant?
thanks so much

Your cycle may be irregular for a month or two but should then revert to normal. It is unlikely that you are pregnant already, but you can test after the 20th if you have not had a period.