Posted by: sasha | 2012-08-31

Pregnancy after a miscarriage

Hi Doc! I miscarried in May at approximately 11 weeks. My period came on the 23 June. Then my next period started on 24 July. I really thought I was pregnant but then i got my period earlier today, 31 August. I''m really distressed and I want to fall pregnant and my cycle is very irregular thus making it hard to calculate ovulation. Please bear in mind I''ve always had a regular cycle and I have a 2 and half year old child. hope you can shed some light on this issue.

It is normal to have irregular periods for a few months after a miscarriage. It is also not a good idea to fall pregnant too soon after a miscarriage, so give your body time to settle down and recover.