Question
Posted by: Reeta | 2010-02-08

pregnancy after a Dnc

I recently had a DnC as my baby' s heart stopped beating at 11 weeks. The doctor has advised that we use a condom until my first period. what will happen if we fall preganat again within the first month before my first periodf?
Will this impact of the baby? will the baby be born with any defects?

There is a higher risk of iscarriage if you fall pregnant within 3 months of a miscarriage.

4
Posted by: vo | 2010-02-10

I so wish it could be me,i had my d& c on 30 dec 09, had unprotected sex a week thereafter until now,periods have not come back but i went to c gynae last week and flud was seen in my womb,gynae couldnt tell what it was,i' m crossing fingers as i desperately need a child in my marriage.I have been trying 4 two years and lost the foetus at 8 wks

Reply to vo
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-10

Posted by: Racoon | 2010-02-09

Had a 2 miscarriages with D& Cs, fell pregnant 2 weeks after first D& C (kid now 4), and on my first cycle after the second D& C (baby now 1 year old). No need to wait if you are emosionally ready.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: MG | 2010-02-09

I had a miscarriage with my 2nd baby early October 2009. I had an X-Ray done, and I did not know i was pregnant. It terminated my pregnancy. I fell pregnant a week after my D& C. I am now 17 weeks pregnant. Everything is going well so far and I know it will definitely be a healthy baby.

Good Luck

Reply to MG