Question
Posted by: ash | 2011-04-14

Pregnancy 6 weeks after miscarriage

Hi again its me Meg B. You told me a few weeks back that there''''s a chance of me being pregnant and I am! We conceived 6 weeks after my miscarriage. I went to my gynae who I dislike but he is on my network for med aid so i have to stick with him and so am desperate for a second opinion. So here goes...My LMP was 1 March, I ovulated on 14th March, conceived somewhere around there. 1 April Postive HPT, Sat my hcg was 1450 and progesterone normal. I was excited beyond belief!!!!!! Yesterday was my 6 week (or a few dys short) fist scan. There was no heartbeat and embryo was measuring at 4 weeks 5 days (how?). My Gynae said to come back this fri to check and if no heartbeat we''''ll take it from there. He suggested that I don''''t go for blood to xheck my hcg becasue either way its ominous. By now my HCG should be around 50 000 if the embryo was developing properly. He said at Hcg at 4000 there SHOULD be a heartbeat. So he said if my HCG is less it means embryo not developing and if it is 50000 &  theres no heartbeat there won''''t be. I have a scan of the ges sac and embryo which is measuring a few mm...I am devastated. I know I am obsessing but my gynae does not consider the emotional desair especially after the trauma of a MC. Please advise your opinion, If I was apatient of yours what would you recommend. It feels like I am losing my mind!!! Thanks xxx

Unfortunately the only way to know what is going on is to see what happens over time. If there is no heartbeat at th4e next visit then it means that the pregnancy is not viable.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-04-17