Question
Posted by: Stef | 2010-03-22

Pregnancy

Good Morning

I had a son six weeks ago and I am breastfeeding but after six weeks last night I had unprotected sex and am worried re falling PG my hubby had a vasectomy 5days ago and he deposited a lot of sperm as he had not had sex in ages.

Today i will start mini pill but passion took over last night what do you think I have not had a period since giving birth by c-section

Thnaks

Stef

Stef

Breastfeeding will reduce your chances of falling pregnant. The hormone prolactin, which stimulates breastmilk will suppress ovulation and therefore reduce your chances of falling pregnant.

Your husband will be fertile for the next three months and only after a sperm count, you will be able to confirm that the vasectomy was successful.

You can start the mini pill, as it is a progesterone based contraceptive and safe to use during breastfeeding. The chances of you falling pregnant is minimal.