Question
Posted by: lupe | 2009/12/11

pregnancy

can a girl get pregant if she has sex a day before her period

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

A girl can get pregnant at any time of her cycle. Remember sperm lives for about 36 hours inside the vaginal tract. So one never knows when one lucky sperm will make its way to an egg that may be hanging around.

Clearly you are worried - I see you wrote this on 11th- Friday - so its not too late for morning after contraception. I suggest you rush down to your friendly pharmacist or local clinic, tell them your story and hear if morning- after contraceptive will still be effective for you today.

And then, most importantly, make an appointment with either your gynae or local family planning clinic and get onto contraception. And why, oh why, are you nor using condoms????

1
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2009/12/14

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert