Posted by: Stef | 2009-03-24

Can you give me some advice after not being on any contraceptives for last six years and having not fallen pregnant my husband said i should go on the pill as he does not want a child now as he is 41 and me 37.He said its to late.

Due to me not falling PG even though I got a clear medical and my hubbies sperm count was ok but had some slow sperm and some deformed sperm do you think i need worry about going on the pill as if after 6 yrs no child why now.

Dear Stef
If your husband does not want any children now, you should rather use contraception. We often hear of women who battled to get pregnant only to get a totally unplanned pregnancy when they have all but given up. Please discuss with your gyne or GP to see what kind of contraceptive would work best for you and would be safe for you to use.