Question
Posted by: Zee | 2008-12-19

Pregnancy

Dear doc

My gf and I had sex last night and the condom unfortunately broke (she is not using any contraceptive methods herself). This morning we got the " morning after pil" l about 12hours after the fact but she also realised that her period had started.

This may just be a question to give us little more assurance but does this mean that we have a better chance of her not getting pregnant?

Thank you.

Please note that during the festive season and annual shut down period no questions were attended to. The experts are back and if you are still interested in a response to your post, please re-post the question and it will be attended to promptly.

Kind regards

Dr M.I. Cassim and Dr Y. Dasoo