Question
Posted by: concerned boyfriend | 2008/12/03

Pregnancy

Just a quick question. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend over the weekend. It was approximately a week after her period. I did not ejaculate inside of her but I am suddenly freaking out. What are the chances of her falling pregnant? She was not using any contraceptive. I am sure I didn' t ejaculate. Any chance you can put my mind at rest?

Dear concerned boyfriend
I am afraid I can't - even if you don't ejaculate there may be sperm in the fluid that comes out before ejaculation. The risk is obviously much lower than when you ejaculate, but there is a small risk...
See http://www.americanpregnancy.org/preventingpregnancy/pregnancyfaqmyths.html