Question
Posted by: SCARED | 2008/09/16

PREGNANCY

I have been on the pill for 4 and a half years i have recently stopped for a month now.if i don’t use a condom is it possible for me to fall pregnant even though i have been on the pill for so long? I have heard that if you are on the pill for years and years its hard to fall pregnant! Please advise

Yes it is possible, some women conceive within the first few weeks, it can take others some months. Just over half of women fall pregnant within 6 months of trying, and it takes the remainder longer...so there's nothing set in stone as to whether or not you will have difficulties - it could be quicker than you think! Whilst your body is adjusting to its natural rhythms again it may be that your hormones are a little less predictable, but so is your ovulation and it's not worth taking the risk of pregnancy if you're not ready yet. For more specific questions, ask the online gynaecologist on the Health 24 expert forum.

3
Posted by: Charl | 2008/09/16

No I' m not the Sexologist, just giving some advice, my gf where in the same situation way back and I do have that experience. I' m sure the Sexologist will reply on your questions soon.

Reply to Charl
Posted by: SCARED | 2008/09/16

R U A DOCTER?

Reply to SCARED
Posted by: Charl | 2008/09/16

Ok, I can see that this is killing you, why dont you just go and buy a pregnancy test and get it over with. I.m sure there is no need to worry.

Reply to Charl