Question
Posted by: Extremely worried | 2008/08/19

Pregnancy

I just found out I' m pregnant after having an ectopic in January, I have an app. with Gynae on the 29th August so I don' t know how far I am my LMP was on the 11th July and because of the previous ectopic, I' m stressing and worried it may happen again, I' ve been having period pain like pains in the afternoon and mornings as a result I' m constantly checking for bleeding.

At what stage of the pregnancy can it be considered no longer probable to have an ectopic? 12 weeks?

You are only 6 weeks pregnant so you are not past the 'ectopic ' stage. Your cramps sound normal. It isn't too long till you see your gynaecologist and hopefully you will be reassured.

2
Posted by: Extremely worried | 2008/08/20

Thanks Nix, I appreciate your prompt response

Reply to Extremely worried
Posted by: Nix | 2008/08/19

You' re about 5 weeks 4 days. The period like pains are completely normal. It' s your uterus preparing for the stretching. I think logically if that happens then you should be sure that the baby has implanted into the uterus. You' ve had and eptopic before so look out for the signs. I' d think probably from around 6 weeks then you should be fine. but i' m really not sure. Congrats.

Reply to Nix