Question
Posted by: landi | 2008/08/13

PREGNANCY

I`m actually posting on behalf of my friend. She`s 34 weeks pregnant and her feet (only) is severly swollen. Is there something that she can do to get rid of the swelling?

Hi Landi
She needs to let her Doctor know - she may have pre-eclampsia/high blood pressure. Sometimes the feet swell because the baby is pressing on the veins that drains from the legs. There isn't any medication you can take for this. If there is no medical reason, she needs to rest and elevate her legs a few times during the day.

2
Posted by: Me | 2008/08/13

She must make sure she doesnt have pre-eclampsia by seeing a doc as severly swollen feet are a possible sign of this and it can be quite dangerous. My friend had this.
If it is not this then she should raise her feet. I used elizabeth annes mother and baby soothing foot gel for my feet towards the end of my pregnancy which helped with swelling.

Reply to Me
Posted by: jane | 2008/08/13

raise her feet. Had the same problem - bet they look like tree stumps... She is retaining water. Keeping my feet raised helped a bit.

Reply to jane