Question
Posted by: Mouse | 2008/07/09

Pregnancy

I am about 7 weeks pregnant and have come into contact with my little nephew who has chickenpox. I have had chickenpox when i was younger. Before i fell pregnant i had the MMR injection as i had no ani bodies.... please advise.??? i dont have any bumps and rashes on my body so i think i should be fine but just need an opinion.

You should be fine. Most people are immune after having had chickenpox.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2008/07/10

the bumps and rashes only show about 7 days after you've been infected. if you saw your nephew only while he had the bumps and rashes then it's fine. once the bumps show it's past the contagious part. Just confirm with your GP but i wouldn't worry to much.

Reply to Nix