Question
Posted by: Dudu | 2008/06/09

Pregnancy

After my 2nd daughter i went onto Petogen in 2004 and had my last injection July 2007, is there an indication of how long it will take for my system to get back to normal for me to fall pregnant? I have not had a period since going onto petogen and since stopping the injection (2004).

Dear Dudu
Petogen is an injectable form of contraception that is required to be taken every 3 months. It takes approximately 6 months after stopping petogen to be out of your system. It is almost a year that you have not seen your period despite stopping your petogen and for that I would recommend that you see your gynaecologist to assess as to why your period has not returned