Posted by: NS | 2009-03-19

Pregnancies after three caesars

Good day Dr,

I am pregnant for the 3rd time. I have had 2 previous caesars, 1st emergency and 2nd due to carrying twins.

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy and my doctor has told me that I cannot have another C-section after 3 ones and should consider doing a sterilization.

Please advise

If you have more than 3 caesareans, the risks of injury to bowel and bladder from the repeated surgeries increases a lot, hence the recommendation that you limit to 3 caesareans.

Posted by: Honeyfly | 2009-03-19

Yes, this is true as I did read about it as well as I also asked my gynae. So I think you should take your docs advise.

Reply to Honeyfly
Posted by: Laney | 2009-03-19

Wow- loads of kids. Perhaps listen to your doc

Reply to Laney