Question
Posted by: T | 2010/04/28

Pregi-vites

I would just like to know, i am 22 weeks pregnant and i have not been taking pregi vitamins. I started, but they made me incredibly constipated. My gynae told me it was not necesary to take them if i was eating enough veggies and fruit, etc. With going into winter now, i thought that vitamins might not be a bad idea. Is it ok to start taking the pregi vitamins again at 22 weeks, or should i refrain? I have been taking folic acid daily though!

Hallo T
It probably is the Iron in the preggie vits that make you constipated. You can take a normal multivitamin plus the extra folic acid unless your doctor finds that your are iron deficient.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: S | 2010/05/03

Hi. You can also take Movicol satchets from the chemist for constipation. They are safe during pregnancy and realllly help.

Reply to S
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/28

Hallo T
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc