Posted by: Tummy | 2009-07-23

I just found out that i' m two months pregnant and i do not want a baby, all i think about in my mind is terminating the pregnacy.
how save is it

Emotionally there can be some real problems. No responsible clinic would agree to provide a termination of pregnancy without you first seing a counsellor with experience of such issues, to explore and better understand your felings, and explore your options, which would include letting the child be adopted. And either way, you also need to learn more about contraception

Posted by: Liza | 2009-07-23

Pregnancy termination should be done at a reputable clinic for it to be safe. I' ve also heard that it can be a very painful experience physically, not just mentally. Some clinics use local anaesthetic to make it cheaper, but it' s more painful than general anaesthetic. I once had to have a scrape done after a miscarriage at 8 weeks. This was done under general anaesthetic. It still hurt terribly afterwards. Not sure whether the pain is the same though.

And a reputable clinic will ensure that you receive counseling. Although their counseling isn' t always adequate and you might need to see someone afterwards.

I wouldn' t terminate unless their were VERY compelling reasons to do so e.g. pregnancy puts the mother in danger.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza
Posted by: anon | 2009-07-23

If you decide to have an abortion, you should go to a reputable clinic. No matter what anyone says, you have the choice. But remember, this will stay with you forever. Abortion is a very traumatic experience, make sure that you have someone you trust to go with you and stay with you for a few days after.

I speak from experience.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Pregnant | 2009-07-23

I am pregnant now with my third child and when i had my scan at 10 weeks i could already see the baby moving arms and legs - so the baby has already formed and has a heart beat. Dont make a mistake that you will regret. No matter how hard the times, a baby is a gift ....

Reply to Pregnant
Posted by: Julia | 2009-07-23

Give the baby up for adoption. There are so many desperate people out there. Don' t make a mistake.

Reply to Julia
Posted by: Me | 2009-07-23

physically unsafe
emotionally unsafe
why dont you want the baby anyway?

Reply to Me