Question
Posted by: Janice | 2010-12-06

Preggies or Not??

Dear Doc,
I was taking track of my ovulation dates, and we had intercourse on the day of ovulation, which was the 20th Nov. I did a preg test on Monday, the 29th which was negative. I should have got my period by the weekend, but nothing yet. Did I took the test to early, is it effective?

Yes, you tested too early. Test again now, if you have not started your period.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-12-09

Posted by: Zama | 2010-12-07

Janice, you say you ovulated on 20 November and tested for pregnancy on 29 November. If you ovulated on 20 Nov then You tested too early. You should have tested from Saturday, 4 Dec as your period would have been due then (working on the premise thatyou have a 28 day cycle).

Maybe go for a blood test as it is more reliable and can detect a pregnancy earlier than a home pregnancy test.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: Janice | 2010-12-06

I did a home test again just now, still negative. I am now on 30 days of my period, and no period yet... I am always 27 / 28 days. Should I do a test in the morning, or doesn''t it matter when?

Reply to Janice