Question
Posted by: pokky | 2010/03/03

preggies o not

Goodmorning

I started menstruating on the 27 january last month and around february a tiny drop of blood came. I dont know whether im pregnant or not. I went to the doctor on monday and she checked me using urine test and tested negative. Any hope of getting pregnant ? Why was is just a tiny drop this time around? Im so desperate to have a child

Dear Pokky

There are many reasons for decreased menstrual flow other than a pregnancy. Abnormalities in Prolactin levels as well as thyroid functions may lead to this symptom. Furthermore the absence of ovulation or the presence of an ovarian cyst may also cause this kind of abnormal bleeding. I would suggest that you repeat the pregnancy test and should this be negative visit your gynaecologist for a full evaluation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/09

Dear Pokky

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: pokky | 2010/03/03

How old are u wendy. ? I am turning 40 this year.

Reply to pokky
Posted by: wendy | 2010/03/03

me too but im too old and its too late

Reply to wendy